Our help to the poor in the Arque Province in Bolivia
(This blog post in swedish can be seen here.)
In Bolivia the people in the Arque Province are considered some of the most poor in Bolivia. They have very little access to water and electricity and with an average of just 1.7 years of schooling. They often lack food and many of them live in a cold area.
We took out $5000 USD from the donated money and bought rice, sugar, children clothes and bread which we gave to more than 200 families. We also gave 10 sacs of rice and 10 sacs of sugar to the school so that they have for giving food to the children living there. Many of the children living at the school has been suffering for lack of food.
Photos, click to view larger
Filling the bags.
400 in total.
She takes care of the children in the school.
A big thanks to the following volunteers
The following people spent between 5-100 hours working on this during christmas time without compensation:
Neyda Montańo Vargas, Jasmani Montańo Vargas, Alicia Montańo Vargas, Jim Westergren, Daniel Montańo Vargas, Giovanna Villaruel, Evelin Vargas Villazon, Marco Figaroa Fernandez, Carlos Roberto Adriani, Anna Masverto, Waldo Villaruel, Marcial Montańo Vargas, Johnny Jimenes.
To prepare most of us stayed up and worked until 01:00 AM and then went up at 04:30 AM to travel with just a few hours sleep.
A big thanks to the following who donated money and made this possible
TodaysWeb Ltda., Logokompaniet, Kampanjjakt.se, Modifinder AB, Skribentus, Medium Group AB, SearchMint AB, Brath, Presentguiden, Arif Kurbanov, Be Better Online, Shiler Keyvan, Voosit, Wåtz.com, GLX Media AB, Webb365, Happycords, Turneround Webb AB, Evig Webb, Erik Elmqvist, Lilon AB, Nicklas Strindell and Philip Blomsterberg.
How the money was spent
$5000 USD was exchanged to 34650 bolivianos.
- 54 sacs of rice (2592 kilogram): 15282 bolivianos
- 54 sacs of sugar (2592 kilogram): 10800 bolivianos
- 21 packages (20 units each) of macaroni: 1365 bolivianos
- 96 sport pants for children: 1105 bolivianos
- 120 sweaters for children: 1375 bolivianos
- Baby clothes for 84 children: 1300 bolivianos
- 600 breads: 300 bolivianos
- Bags to package the rice and sugar: 832 bolivianos
- Rent of truck with driver: 1400 bolivianos
- Gasoline for truck and 2 cars: 507 bolivianos
- Food for the volunteers: 410 bolivianos
- Taxi: 40 bolivianos
- Payment to volunteers: 0
You are very welcome with your donation for our next giving.
Don't miss to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.